Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowships (again offered for East Asia!)
The Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships program provides allocations of academic year and summer fellowships to institutions of higher education or consortia of institutions of higher education to assist meritorious undergraduate students and graduate students undergoing training in modern foreign languages and related area or international studies or with the international aspects of professional or fields of study.
What are the benefits for Penn students?
- Graduate academic year FLAS Fellows will receive $18,000 toward tuition and a $15,000 stipend.
- Undergraduate academic year FLAS Fellows will receive $10,000 toward tuition and a $5,000 stipend.
- Summer FLAS Fellows will receive $5,000 toward tuition and a $2,500 stipend.
There are separate competitions, for the Academic Year FLAS and for the Summer FLAS, for which two separate and complete applications are required by the following deadlines:
- Summer 2013 fellowship: February 15, 2013.
- Academic year 2013-14 fellowship: March 1, 2013.
More information about FLAS and links on how to apply can be found here: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/flas/
Find out about additional fellowship opportunities in the current CEAS newsletter.
For further information, contact:
Center for East Asian Studies
642 Williams Hall / 6305
Telephone: (215) 573-4203
Penn Fellowships and Grants for the Study of East Asia